How to Choose a Commercial Security System
You work hard to run your business, so you shouldn’t have to worry about an intruder ruining everything you’ve worked for. To protect your employees and your assets, you should install a reliable and powerful security system—but which one do you choose?
There are numerous security systems available to business owners, each with different features. Before you invest in one, do some research and determine what kind of system you need.
What Are Your Organization’s Needs?
- Do you own your office building, or do you lease it? If you lease your office, talk to your landlord about your security options.
- How long will you be in this location? Some security systems do not allow you to own the security equipment, meaning you’ll have to give it back if you move.
- Do you need security cameras?
- Do you want mobile or automated features?
Survey Your Property
Once you’ve determined the type of security features you want, examine your building or property.
- How many doors or windows need to be protected?
- Where should you put the control panel?
- Can you install a wired system, or do you need a wireless system? A professional will need to drill holes into your wall to install a wired system.
Research Your Options
Look at consumer review sites to see what other people are saying about the security systems you’re interested in. You will also need to decide if you need to use a security integrator to professionally install and monitor your system. If you want to install the system yourself, make sure you know how to install it properly.
BTV Systems offers consultation services to help you decide what kind of system you need. Contact us today and we’ll assess your building, security options, and other needs.
Commercial Security from BTV Systems
BTV systems professionally installs and monitors commercial security systems and provides several other services such as video surveillance, access control, fire alarm systems, and more.